ITEA is the Eureka R&D&I Cluster on software innovation, enabling a large international community of large industry, SMEs, start-ups, academia and customer organisations, to collaborate in funded projects that turn innovative ideas into new businesses, jobs, economic growth and benefits for society. It is industry-driven and covers a wide range of business opportunities facilitated by digitisation like smart mobility, healthcare, smart cities and energy, manufacturing, engineering and safety & security. ITEA pushes important technology fields like artificial intelligence, big data, simulation and high-performance computing into concrete business applications.
In a rapidly changing society where societal challenges are omnipresent, digitisation is no longer an option but should be regarded as the opportunity to create innovative solutions. Digital technology will be applied in all aspects of society, touching every element of people’s lives. Software innovation is a core component for mastering this Digital Transition and this is the main focus of ITEA.
Digital Transition is not a one-step process. It has many dimensions whereby development must be continuous. The more that digitisation is enabled, the more penetrative the transition becomes and the need for more solutions increases. To achieve this continuous process in a smooth way, a fertile and collaborative environment is needed in which there are innovative ideas and knowledgeable people that are eager to share, to inspire and be inspired by each other.
It is ITEA’s mission to enable businesses, with the involvement of their customers, to create innovative solutions that master the Digital Transition and tackle the major challenges in a way that helps bring to society forward. ITEA encourages its global Community to create impact and value through R&D&I projects in the area of Software Innovation with the knowledge of industry and the capability of national financing.
- Business impact
- Customer orientation
20 years of ITEA - testimonials
Find out what others are saying about participating in ITEA
- Global and trusted cooperation in an industrial community:
- ITEA stimulates innovation projects in a global community of large industry, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), start-ups, academia and customer organisations. ITEA’s bottom-up project creation ensures that the project ideas are industry-driven and based on actual customer needs. ITEA provides a trusted framework for cooperation in which standard project collaboration agreements are available, including the complex domains of confidentiality and intellectual property. ITEA is managed by and for industry in close cooperation with the national public authorities.
- Project financing through national public and private funding:
- The ITEA programme is publicly funded on a national level. Each ITEA project partner can apply for funding from their own national Public Authority. An early dialogue between project teams and public authorities supports alignment with national priorities and the best possible opportunities for funding that lead to high success rates.
- Commercialisation of research results:
- ITEA enables organisations to create actual commercial results from research projects. Impact is one of the core values in ITEA; impact on business, economy and society. Impact is central during the project lifecycle: in proposal evaluation, monitoring, closure and in communication of the results.
- Focus on high-quality process and support:
- ITEA follows a flexible and supportive approach towards its project consortia in order for them to maximise the results of their efforts and the project’s impact. Each year, ITEA issues one Call for projects starting with a two-day brokerage event. Each Call follows a two-step procedure, in which industrial experts evaluate the quality of the project proposal in terms of innovation, impact and consortium. During the project lifetime, ITEA provides full-cycle project monitoring in a peer-to-peer mode with digital reports and physical reviews to improve quality and value creation of projects. ITEA has an ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (by DEKRA).