Eureka and Eureka Clusters
Eureka is the world's biggest public network for international cooperation in R&D and innovation and is present in over 45 countries.
- Eureka provides access to public funding: the national funding body in your country give you access to public funding for your RD&I projects.
- Eureka drives international collaboration: Eureka can help you find international partners, build your ideal project consortium and choose the best programme.
- Eureka boosts expansion into new markets: Eureka will support you as you access new markets by providing tools and advice for expansion.
- Eureka offers personalised advice: the Eureka national project coordinator (NPC) in your country can advise, support and guide you from the development of your project idea to its commercialisation.
Mission and vision
It is Eureka's mission to enhance competitiveness and strengthen RD&I ecosystems by supporting cross-border research and innovation collaboration between SMEs, large companies, universities and research organisations.
Eureka's vision is to continue to be the world's leading public network for research and innovation cooperation, through aligned national priorities and financing, generating economic, sustainable and societal impact across the world.
ECP and the Eureka Clusters
Eureka Clusters Programme (ECP)
The Eureka Clusters Programme (ECP) is industry-driven and shared between the complementary thematic Cluster communities of:
- Celtic-Next: Next-generation Communications for a secured, trusted, and sustainable digital society
- Eurogia: Low-carbon energy technologies
- ITEA: Software innovation and Digital Transition
- SMART: Advanced Manufacturing and Production Technologies
- Xecs: Sustainable digital transformation in Electronic Components & Systems
The ECP stimulates international collaborative RD&I projects, within and between the different Cluster communities, advancing high-quality innovations beyond the state-of-the-art. The goal is the creation of products, processes and services for economic, environmental and societal benefits.
The Eureka Clusters remain open and flexible, both individually and collectively, to be the best tools for international collaborative innovation support and funding.
The Eureka Clusters are industry-driven RD&I programmes with thematic communities of experts. They stimulate pan-European collaboration between large companies, SMEs, RTOs and universities.
Next to ITEA there are four other Eureka Clusters, each with their own scope:
CELTIC-NEXT is the Eureka R&D and innovation Cluster for next-generation 'end-to-end' information and communications technologies, enabling a secure, reliable and sustainable digital society. Its mission is to foster and help the European (and wider) ICT community, to accelerate the uptake of advanced ICT 5G (and satellite) services and to lead in the ownership and implementation of 6G in Europe with a high degree of European sovereignty. It is crucial to consolidate the position of European manufacturers and service providers needed for the digital (r)evolution in key business areas, such as: industry 4.0, logistics, automotive telecom, blockchain, fintech, e-health and care, big data, AI, smart cities, smart homes, etc.
EUROGIA supports international partnerships developing innovative projects in low-carbon energy technologies. It supports and promotes innovative energy technology projects with the aim of mitigating climate change and it adresses all innovative energy technologies that will reduce the carbon footprint of energy production or develop new technologies for energy, such as solar, wind, biomass, geothermal, energy efficiency, etc.
Xecs is a Eureka Cluster whose purpose is to catalyse R&D and innovation in areas of micro and nanoelectronics enabled systems and applications. The Xecs programme enables the development of electronic solutions to help drive the digital economy through the formation of collaborative ecosystems along the Electronic Components and System value chain. Key application areas include mobility, energy, digital industry, health and wellbeing, agrifood and natural resources and digital society.
SMART is the Eureka Cluster on advanced manufacturing. SMART’s mission is to boost the competitiveness, growth and attractiveness of European discrete manufacturing industries. Key sectors include aeronautics, automotive, capital goods, railways and consumer durables.