ITEA Smart City Advisory Board
To create a dialogue between cities and Smart Cities technology developers, ITEA has established the Smart City Advisory Board.
This Advisory Board will serve municipalities to share immediate needs to experts of technologies in the ITEA Community, be informed on a regular basis on the innovation and digital technology trends that can impact their city, validate and shape any potential products, offering added value for Smart City applications, that are being developed in an ITEA project, access the newest products that are developed in ITEA projects, discuss issues with peers from other cities and be the pioneer of change in their cities by using an open community compatible with the public procurement laws.
This Advisory Board will serve the ITEA Community to understand the urgent needs of municipalities, validate their potential products that are developed in ITEA projects and their features at an early stage and exploit their products to municipalities at the end of an ITEA project in the context of usual public procurement rules.
The aim of the SCAB portal is to bring the Smart city challenges and innovative Smart City solutions of the SCAB members and the ITEA Community together in one place.
Participating SCAB cities
Smart City challenges
The ITEA SCAB meets twice a year: one meeting focuses on sharing Smart City projects and challenges existing in the member cities, and the second meeting focuses on sharing Smart City innovations resulting from the ITEA RD&I Community. The challenges shared in the first meeting are gathered in a report:
- Smart Cities customer workshop - Meeting report June 2023
- Smart City Advisory Board - Meeting report June 2022
- Smart City Advisory Board - Meeting report May 2021
In addition, you can find the websites with tender information per SCAB city below:
- City of Antwerp
- https://ecat.publicprocurement.be/ecat/viewCataloguesList.action (English)
- City of Antwerp
- https://antwerpen.digipolis.be/nl/opdrachten/alle (Dutch)
- City of Stockholm
- https://www.kommersannons.se/stockholm/Notice/NoticeOverview.aspx?ProcurementId=48082 (Swedish)
- City of Stockholm
- https://www.kommersannons.se/stockholm/Notice/NoticeList.aspx (English)
- City of The Hague
- https://www.tenderned.nl/cms/english (English)
Latest Smart City news
Find an overview of all Smart City-related news in the news overview.
Smart City solutions e-Catalogue
Cyclomedia Mobility pack
Nommon Population Insights
Smart City Platform
Smart Data Visualisation System for Energy Consumption Optimisation
- Consumed energy predictions and energy cost predictions for a long term based on DL algorithms
- Valuable recommendations based on the above-mentioned predictions to help consumers to make decisions
- Dashboard to visualize all kind of data related to the energy consumption
Find an overview of all Smart City solutions in the solutions overview.
ITEA Smart City projects
Smart Cities is one of the main challenges of ITEA and therefore there are many ITEA projects solving different Smart City challenges. Below you can find more information about these Smart City-related ITEA projects:
Intelligent IoT-based Port Artefacts Communication, Administration & Maintenance
For an overview of all Smart City-related projects, go to the full project list.
Smart City events
For an overview of all Smart City events, go to the full event list.
Part of a bigger story
The ultimate goal is of the Smart City Advisory Board is to create a dialogue between cities and new Smart Cities technology developers.
- As outcome of the SCAB meetings a Smart city challenges report will be written, that will be shared with the ITEA RD&I Community.
- The ITEA Community will pick up the challenges and create project ideas and corresponding project that will be shared in the ITEA Project idea tool. SCAB members are invited to check out these ideas and join those of their interest as use case providers.
- These Smart City project ideas and their corresponding consortia can be further defined during the ITEA Project Outline (PO) Preparation Days in September 2023. City representatives are invited to participate in this event.
- Smart city project proposals can be submitted in the upcoming ITEA Call for projects in November 2023.
- Successful Smart city proposals will receive a label in March 2024 and could be funded and start by the end of 2024/beginning of 2025.