Being part of a collaborative R&D ecosystem is one of the most effective ways of enabling innovation, fast exploitation and impact. ITEA supports ecosystem creation in the domain of software innovation and facilitates access to public funding to accelerate sustainable growth and reduce risk.
ITEA enables you to:
- Collaborate with leading partners along the software innovation value chain
- Engage with companies and potential partners from all over Europe and beyond
- Generate bottom-up projects, initiated by industry and research institutes
- Benefit from expert advice and guidance to improve your project proposal through a two-stage submission process
- Have the flexibility to modify your project as it progresses to adapt to changing market conditions
- Understand the urgent needs of costumers and validate potential products and features that are developed in ITEA projects at an early stage and exploit, through Customer workshops, themed Advisory Boards and participation in customer-oriented fairs
- Receive constructive coaching, by our industry experts, and high-quality support from the ITEA Office, to get the most out of your project participation
- Take advantage of relatively high chances of receiving funding
ITEA covers a wide range of business opportunities facilitated by digitisation like smart mobility, healthcare, smart cities and energy, manufacturing, engineering and safety & security.
Become part of the ITEA Community!
ITEA is open to large industry, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), start-ups, universities and research institutes.
Small and Medium Enterprises
SMEs are the innovation and economic engine for national development. You have the capability to rapidly develop and commercialise new ideas but are generally resource limited. ITEA provides an efficient process for you to participate in, or lead, innovation ecosystems that will allow you to receive public funding to help develop your business. This is complemented by being in close partnership with other organisations that will add essential elements to your innovation capability and provide additional routes for commercial exploitation of your ideas. At the end of an ITEA project, you should expect to have accelerated your development, and have routes to market that were not open to you before participating in an ITEA project.
Research and development underpin the market position and growth of all larger organisations. In an increasingly global and disruptive market, maintaining a lead in technology is essential for competitiveness. Increasingly, new ideas and methods are being generated in academic institutions and smaller organisations that, if rapidly exploited, will form the basis of market leadership. ITEA provides a structure for the rapid implementation of mid-size, mid-term projects with partners from all parts of the R&D Community. As a large industry, you will often be the leader of an ITEA project, creating an innovation ecosystem with the potential of rapid commercial exploitation, benefitting all partners.
Universities and Research institutes
Universities are the cradle of new ideas. Unfortunately, bringing these ideas into the wider community can be challenging. Being part of an ITEA innovation ecosystem allows you to find partners that will take your ideas and early research and look for ways to develop them into products and services ready for wider use in the academic and economic sectors. Commercial spin offs are possible, and new State-of-the-Art supports the education of the next generation scientific and engineering community.
ITEA is one of the most effective investment opportunities to secure national development goals through national funding. By supporting organisations in your country to participate in international ITEA R&D&I projects, not only will they develop domestically, but also, they will have opportunity to grow and expand in new technologies and markets abroad. Your investment can focus on your national priorities, for example encouraging sustainability, bringing innovative products to your citizens, developing your SME community, improving educational opportunities and supporting national champions. Your support is essential to making all this happen. By providing funding support, you catalyse the creation of ITEA projects, resulting in new businesses, jobs, economic growth and benefits for society.
How to get involved?
Join the ITEA Community to create more impact on your business, the market and on society. This global Community consists of almost 2250 partners from 35 countries. By collaborating in ITEA projects, innovative ideas are turned into new businesses, jobs, economic growth and benefits for society. Many ITEA projects have achieved impressive results with worldwide impact.
You can become part of the ITEA Community by creating an ITEA account.
Your ITEA account enables you to:
- Join ITEA events, like the Project Outline Preparation Days
- View or share new project ideas and create or join projects
- Look for partners with specific expertise
- Stay up to date on latest news
- Get support from the ITEA Office
ITEA Project Outline Preparations Days
Each year, ITEA opens a Call for innovative R&D projects in the domain of software innovation, in conjunction with the ITEA Project Outline Preparations Days. This event is the perfect opportunity to pave the way for your successful ITEA project proposal!
In short, this event will enable you to:
- Present your project idea(s) and/or learn about other project ideas via the Project idea tool, posters and pitches
- Discuss your project ideas in workgroup sessions and shape them into initial project proposals and consortia
- Get engaged with companies and potential partners from all over Europe and beyond
- Learn more about the specific funding rules in your country well in advance, as well as how to get in touch with your Public Authorities to discuss your idea(s)
- Discover how the ITEA Office can support you during the full project lifetime
Subscribe to the ITEA Newsletter
Be the first to get the latest insights in software innovation! Six times a year we send out a news update sharing viewpoints on the latest trends in software innovation, information about our upcoming events and reports on impressive ITEA project outcomes. It’s a great way to keep up with the rapidly changing world of software innovation from your inbox. Why not give it a try? You can unsubscribe with a click.